If you've ever had a churro, you've come to love that sweet cinnamon sugar flavor. Combine that with protein pancakes made with 50/50 Formula-X Alpine Vanilla and you have a delicious low-calorie breakfast with a healthy spin.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop Apollon Nutrition 50/50 Formula-X Alpine Vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. Truvia
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour flour, protein, baking powder, truvia, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk and fat free sour cream, then add egg whites. Stir in vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the butter is foamy, reduce heat to medium-low and ladle pancake batter into skillet. Cook until bubbles start to form in batter and the pancake is golden underneath, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden, another 3 minutes.
In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and truvia together. Immediately toss pancakes in cinnamon and truvia
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with sugar free pancake syrup and butter.
Serving size 1 pancake
- Calories 380
- Carbs 21 g
- Fat 22.55 g
- Protein 23.3 g