Have you already given up or have you stuck to your New Year’s Resolutions? Millions upon millions have “resolve” themselves to eat better, exercise more, and lose weight. But, if the population’s track record holds true, a very large percentage of those New Year’s resolutioners will quit within a few weeks.
Seeing as the Apollon Arsenal isn’t your average fitness wannabe (we actually live and breathe the fitness lifestyle), we wanted to create a product to help you torch fat and blaze through calories this New Year.
Molotov is a searing powerhouse of a non-stimulant thermogenic to help ignite metabolism, aid fat burning, and make your weight loss goals easier than ever!
Here’s a closer look at the raging inferno that is Molotov!
1. Acetyl L-Carnitine (2,000mg)
Carnitine is a compound naturally produced by the body that plays an essential role in energy metabolism. More specifically, carnitine is required for your body to burn fat for energy.
You see, long chain fatty acids can’t enter the mitochondria (the “nuclear reactor” of each cell) on their own. They require a “taxi” of sorts to help shuttle it into the cell. That intracellular taxi is none other than carnitine. Carnitine supplements have been around for years and years, and are most frequently sold in the form of L-Carnitine.
The “problem” with L-Carnitine supplements is that they aren’t all that bioavailable for the average individual (e.g. people who consume an otherwise healthy diet of meat, fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, etc.).
However, acetyl-l-carnitine (ALCAR) is an “enhanced” form of carnitine that has been found to be efficiently absorbed in individuals and it also has the rare ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, which means ALCAR also offers cognitive benefits.
Supplementation with ALCAR has been found to help reduce physical and mental fatigue as well as improve both cognitive status and physical functions. Additional studies indicate that ALCAR can improve energy status, decrease oxidative stress, and enhance signaling of the “learning” neurotransmitter, acetylcholine.
In other words, ALCAR not only supports greater energy levels and fat burning, but also aids memory, focus, and learning!
2. MitoBurn (500mg)
MitoBurn is one of the hottest new ingredients in the realm of non-stim weight loss aids. Developed by NNB Nutrition, MitoBurn is a supplemental form of Beta-Aminoisobutyric Acid (BAIBA).
BAIBA is a molecule naturally produced by the body during exercise and has been found in research to help regulate carbohydrate and lipid (fat) metabolism. Additional studies indicate that BAIBA may help[4,5,6]:
- regulate the “browning” of adipose tissue browning
- improve insulin sensitivity
- Defend against high-fat diet-induced obesity
As if that wasn’t enough, L-BAIBA may also help regulate metabolism and increase energy expenditure.
3. Paradoxine (225mg)
Also featured in our best-selling stimulant-based fat burner, CHAOS, as well as our new limited-edition thermogenic pre-workout fat destroyer, BLACK TULIP, Paradoxine is the leading grains of paradise extract on the market.
Grains of Paradise is a pungent spice related to ginger that contains a bevy of bioactives, including:
This potent botanical has been found to stimulate brown fat thermogenesis, which subsequently helps burn glucose,fatty acids, and amino acids to generate heat and ramp up calorie burning.
In fact, studies note that Grains of Paradise supplementation may increases energy expenditure up to 100 calories per day and decrease visceral fat levels.[7,8]
Grains of Paradise extracts have also been found to support healthy blood pressure and lipid profiles, too!
Most recently, a study found that prolonged supplementation with grains of paradise extract boosts adaptive thermogenesis through the re-activation of brown fat, thereby helping reduce body fat in individuals who previously had “low” levels of brown fat.
4. CapsiMax (100mg)
CapsiMax is another temperature-revving ingredient that’s a proven commodity in the realm of stim-free thermogenics.
CapsiMax is a premium form of cayenne pepper extract, standardized for capsaicinoids -- the tongue-tingling compounds found in chili peppers. Capsaicinoids make you sweat and set your tastebuds ablaze.
Moreover, capsaicinoids have also been noted to regulate hunger and satiety. And, to top it off, capsaicinoids may help inhibit adipogenesis in pre-adipocytes (precursors to fat cells) and adipocytes. Activation of the TRPV-1 channels (which capsaicinoids stimulate) may prevent adipogenesis and improve visceral fat remodeling.
In other words, you want CapsiMax in your weight loss aid, stimulant-laden or not!
5. GBB (50mg)
Last, but not least, in this thermogenic cocktail is the “super carnitine” precursor -- GBB (gamma-butyrobetaine).
GBB has been shown to significantly increase carnitine levels in humans, which supports the body’s ability to mobilize and burn fatty acids for energy (via increasing carnitine levels). It should also be noted that GBB, on its own, anecdotally produces a profound thermogenic effect. And, when stacked with all of the other ingredients in MOLOTOV, will deliver a thermogenic punch like no other!
How to Use Molotov
Molotov is stimulant-free and can be used as a standalone product or stacked with CHAOS. Additionally, many individuals prefer to divide their supplements throughout the day and/or prefer less caffeine. Here is where MOLOTOV really shines!
Individuals wanting to support fat burning at night as well as those looking for lower overall stimulant intake can use ½ serving of CHAOS in the morning and stack with ½ serving of MOLOTOV, or save their ½-1 serving of MOLTOV for later in the day when added appetite suppression and calorie burning support is desired.
- Malaguarnera M., Gargante M.P., Cristaldi E., Colonna V., Messano M., Koverech A., Neri S., Vacante M., Cammalleri L., Motta M. Acetyl l-carnitine (alc) treatment in elderly patients with fatigue. Arch. Gerontol. Geriatr. 2008;46:181–190. doi: 10.1016/j.archger.2007.03.012.
- Ferreira GC, McKenna MC. L-Carnitine and Acetyl-L-carnitine Roles and Neuroprotection in Developing Brain. Neurochem Res. 2017 Jun;42(6):1661-1675. doi: 10.1007/s11064-017-2288-7. Epub 2017 May 16. PMID: 28508995; PMCID: PMC5621476.
- Tanianskii DA, Jarzebska N, Birkenfeld AL, O'Sullivan JF, Rodionov RN. Beta-Aminoisobutyric Acid as a Novel Regulator of Carbohydrate and Lipid Metabolism. Nutrients. 2019;11(3):524. Published 2019 Feb 28. doi:10.3390/nu11030524
- Roberts L.D., Boström P., O’Sullivan J.F., Schinzel R.T., Lewis G.D., Dejam A., Lee Y.K., Palma M.J., Calhoun S., Georgiadi A., et al. β-Aminoisobutyric acid induces browning of white fat and hepatic β-oxidation and is inversely correlated with cardiometabolic risk factors. Cell Metab. 2014;19:96–108. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2013.12.003.
- Jung T.W., Hwang H.J., Hong H.C., Yoo H.J., Baik S.H., Choi K.M. BAIBA attenuates insulin resistance and inflammation induced by palmitate or a high fat diet via an AMPK–PPARδ-dependent pathway in mice. Diabetologia. 2015;58:2096–2105. doi: 10.1007/s00125-015-3663-z.
- Shi C., Zhao M., Shu X., Xiong X., Wang J. β-aminoisobutyric acid attenuates hepatic endoplasmic reticulum stress and glucose / lipid metabolic disturbance in mice with type 2 diabetes. Sci. Rep. 2016;6:21924. doi: 10.1038/srep21924
- Sugita J, Yoneshiro T, Sugishima Y, Ikemoto T, Uchiwa H, Suzuki I, Saito M. Daily ingestion of grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract increases whole-body energy expenditure and decreases visceral fat in humans. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2014;60(1):22-7. doi: 10.3177/jnsv.60.22. PMID: 24759256.
- Sugita J, Yoneshiro T, Hatano T, Aita S, Ikemoto T, Uchiwa H, Iwanaga T, Kameya T, Kawai Y, Saito M. Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract activates brown adipose tissue and increases whole-body energy expenditure in men. Br J Nutr. 2013 Aug;110(4):733-8. doi: 10.1017/S0007114512005715. Epub 2013 Jan 11. PMID: 23308394.
- Yoneshiro T, Matsushita M, Sugita J, Aita S, Kameya T, Sugie H, Saito M. Prolonged Treatment with Grains of Paradise (Aframomum melegueta) Extract Recruits Adaptive Thermogenesis and Reduces Body Fat in Humans with Low Brown Fat Activity. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2021;67(2):99-104. doi: 10.3177/jnsv.67.99. PMID: 33952741.