Coffee -- dark, delicious, liquid gold that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
The ritual of making coffee is sacrosanct for many of us whether it be the tried-and-true French press, fancy pour overs, or good ol’ drip. And there’s a reason billions of cups of coffee are enjoyed each and every day.
Coffee obliterates fatigue, clears cobwebs, increases energy, and boosts mood. What’s more, coffee (and caffeine) have been shown to enhance athletic performance, boost metabolism, heighten cognitive function, and suppress hunger.
We’ve taken nature’s bounty and enhanced it to create a coffee product unlike any other -- SHARP COFFEE.
What is Sharp Coffee?
Sharp Coffee is everything you desire from coffee -- deep, robust, smooth flavor and added it a select number of powerful cognitive enhancers to elevate coffee from something that’s damn good on its own to something truly f***ing amazing!
Sharp Coffee Enhancers
- An amino acid that supports the production of dopamine
- Dopamine is a neurotransmitter involved in mood, motivation, focus, reward, decision-making and motor control
- Supplementing with tyrosine has also been shown to improve performance particularly during stressful endeavors (e.g. workouts, academics, etc.).
Alpha GPC 50% (600mg)
- Provides a highly bioavailable source of choline -- an essential nutrient for neurological development, cognitive function and cardiometabolic health.
- Choline also serves as an essential building block for acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that is involved in numerous cognitive functions, including attention, memory, and learning
- Alpha-GPC readily crosses the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and has been shown to raise free plasma choline levels faster than other choline precursors.
- This results in greater mental energy, sharper focus, heightened mental acuity, faster recall, improved hand-eye coordination, and a stronger mind-muscle connection.
- Additional studies also suggest that Alpha-GPC supplementation may boost workout performance by increasing lower body force production and bench pressing power.
Natural Caffeine (250mg)
- Let’s be real, this is the primary reason most people drink coffee -- CAFFEINE, glorious caffeine
- It antagonizes adenosine and boosts dopamine, which is to say it caffeine makes you feel energized, upbeat, and ready to tackle anything life throws your way
- It has been studied hundreds of times and continually shown to heighten focus, improve mental and physical performance, aid weight loss, and reduce fatigue
- Formally known as NeuroFactor, this premium nootropic boosts focus and supports brain health
- It’s derived from the fruit from the Coffea arabica plant and contains a unique profile of potent polyphenols that have been shown to stimulate the production of Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF)
- BDNF is a highly important protein that affects the development, maintenance, and repair of neurons as well as offers protection against neuro-degeneration.
- BDNF is also known to impact learning, memory, and higher thinking -- offering benefits in the classroom/office, on the field, and in the gym
Mix one serving (7g) in 6-8 ounces of hot water.
Every serving of SHARP COFFEE contains a total of 345mg of natural caffeine (250mg from added natural caffeine + 95mg from the Columbian coffee)
SHARP COFFEE provides a fantastic way to start the day, or if you need a late morning/early afternoon pick-me-up to make it through those last few mind-numbingly boring meetings.
For those that enjoy having a cup of coffee as their pre workout supplement, SHARP COFFEE offers an amped-up alternative to your conventional pre-lift brew.
It can also be stacked with the following Apollon Nutrition supplements, including:
- Mind Games
- Bare Knuckle
- Bloody Hell
- Liver Lover
- 50/50 Formula-X
- Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Military Nutrition Research; Marriott BM, editor. Food Components to Enhance Performance: An Evaluation of Potential Performance-Enhancing Food Components for Operational Rations. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1994. 15, Tyrosine and Stress: Human and Animal Studies. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK209061/
- Selasi Attipoe, Stacey A. Zeno, Courtney Lee, Cindy Crawford, Raheleh Khorsan, Avi R. Walter, Patricia A. Deuster, Tyrosine for Mitigating Stress and Enhancing Performance in Healthy Adult Humans, a Rapid Evidence Assessment of the Literature, Military Medicine, Volume 180, Issue 7, July 2015, Pages 754–765, https://doi.org/10.7205/MILMED-D-14-00594
- Bellar D, LeBlanc NR, Campbell B. The effect of 6 days of alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine on isometric strength. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015 Nov 17;12:42. doi: 10.1186/s12970-015-0103-x. PMID: 26582972; PMCID: PMC4650143.
- Ziegenfuss T, Landis J, Hofheins J. Acute supplementation with alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine augments growth hormone response to, and peak force production during, resistance exercise. J Int Soc Sport Nutr. 2008;5(Suppl 1):15. doi: 10.1186/1550-2783-5-S1-P15.
- Lorenzo Calvo J, Fei X, Domínguez R, Pareja-Galeano H. Caffeine and Cognitive Functions in Sports: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Nutrients. 2021 Mar 6;13(3):868. doi: 10.3390/nu13030868. PMID: 33800853; PMCID: PMC8000732.
- Reyes-Izquierdo, R. Argumedo, C. Shu, B. Nemzer and Z. Pietrzkowski, "Stimulatory Effect of Whole Coffee Fruit Concentrate Powder on Plasma Levels of Total and Exosomal Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in Healthy Subjects: An Acute Within-Subject Clinical Study," Food and Nutrition Sciences, Vol. 4 No. 9, 2013, pp. 984-990. doi: 10.4236/fns.2013.49127.
- Reyes-Izquierdo, T., Nemzer, B., Shu, C., et al; “Modulatory effects of coffee fruit extract on plasma levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor in healthy subjects”; British Journal of Nutrition; 2013