A little over 18 months ago, we released the premier liver support supplement on the market -- Liver Lover. Hardcore athletes and “aggressive” supplement users understand the importance of liver health, but the more casual fitness enthusiast (gym rat) may not understand why liver health is important, let alone why a liver support supplement may be helpful.
Simply put, the liver is invaluable and essential -- it breaks down and eliminates toxins (e.g. alcohol and drugs). Excessive consumption of harsh substances coupled with poor diet and physical inactivity can damage the liver. And, while it’s true that the liver can regenerate, there’s only so much abuse bodily tissues can take before they fail.
LIVER LOVER was created as a supreme liver support and detox supplement containing proven powerhouse ingredients to support healthy liver function as well as fortify the body’s innate anti-inflammatory and detoxification pathways.
True to form, we found a way to improve an already badass product by increasing two key ingredients. The end result is Liver Lover V2.
What’s New in Liver Lover V2?
Nothing has been removed or downgraded from version 1. The ingredient profile remains the same; however, we’ve increased the amounts of two research-backed nutraceuticals -- Reishi & TUDCA.
Liver Lover V1 contained 1000mg of Reishi Mushroom and 300mg of TUDCA. Liver Lover V2 increases both ingredients by 200mg, which translates to 20% more reishi and 66% more TUDCA!
Liver Lover V2 Ingredient Overview
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC): 1200mg
- Bioavailable form of L-Cysteine that improves production of glutathione -- one of the most powerful antioxidants in the body that combats oxidative stress.
- Other evidence indicates that NAC may improve oxygen-rich blood flow to vital organs
- Offers defense against foreign aggressors that attack at the cellular level[1,2,3]
- Animals studies indicate NAC may offer a protective effect against high-fat-diet-induced non-alcoholic fatty liver disease by protecting mitochondria function and improving mitochondria quantity
Reishi Mushroom: 1200mg
- Also known as lingzhi, reishi is regarded as an “herb of spiritual potency,” that symbolizes success, well-being, divine power, and longevity
- It has been investigated for its pro-liver effects, including antioxidant, antibacterial, and antiviral[5,6]
- A key bioactive in reishi (ganoderan B) has been found to demonstrate blood sugar-supporting effects.
Milk Thistle: 1000mg (80% Silymarin)
- Traditionally used as a natural healing agent, particularly for the liver and other key organs
- Liver Lover V2 includes a premium milk thistle extract standardized to 80% silymarin -- FYI, the amount of silymarin directly relates to the amount of potential benefit of the ingredient.
- Silymarin supports liver health by combatting free radicals and enhancing protein synthesis
- Silymarin also enhances glutathione production
- TUDCA is short for tauroursodeoxycholic acid -- a secondary bile acid
- Research indicates TUDCA may be especially helpful for combating bile acid backup in the liver (cholestasis)
- Enhances protein folding and protects cells against endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress
- Other studies suggest TUDCA may offer neurological benefits.[8,9]
If “living life to the MAX” means the occasional (or habitual) enjoyment of substances that may not be the most beneficial for the body, then prioritizing liver health is a must!
LIVER LOVER V2 offers premium-grade liver support supplements designed to support healthy liver function. It can be used by both men and women. For best results, take in the morning, preferably with a meal.
- Otrubová O, Turecký L, Uličná O, Janega P, Luha J, Muchová J. Therapeutic effects of N-acetyl-L-cysteine on liver damage induced by long-term CCl4 administration. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2018 Jan;37(1):23-31. doi: 10.4149/gpb_2017016. PMID: 29424349.
- Walayat S, Shoaib H, Asghar M, Kim M, Dhillon S. Role of N-acetylcysteine in non-acetaminophen-related acute liver failure: an updated meta-analysis and systematic review. Ann Gastroenterol. 2021;34(2):235-240. doi:10.20524/aog.2021.0571
- Kortsalioudaki C, Taylor RM, Cheeseman P, Bansal S, Mieli-Vergani G, Dhawan A: Safety and efficacy of N-acetylcysteine in children with non-acetaminophen-induced acute liver failure. Liver transpl 2008, 14: 25-30. 10.1002/lt.21246
- Hang W, Shu H, Wen Z, et al. N-Acetyl Cysteine Ameliorates High-Fat Diet-Induced Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease and Intracellular Triglyceride Accumulation by Preserving Mitochondrial Function. Front Pharmacol. 2021;12:636204. Published 2021 Sep 13. doi:10.3389/fphar.2021.636204
- Wu X, Zeng J, Hu J, Liao Q, Zhou R, Zhang P, Chen Z. Hepatoprotective effects of aqueous extract from Lingzhi or Reishi medicinal mushroom Ganoderma lucidum (higher basidiomycetes) on α-amanitin-induced liver injury in mice. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2013;15(4):383-91. doi: 10.1615/intjmedmushr.v15.i4.60. PMID: 23796220.
- Wachtel-Galor S, Yuen J, Buswell JA, et al. Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi or Reishi): A Medicinal Mushroom. In: Benzie IFF, Wachtel-Galor S, editors. Herbal Medicine: Biomolecular and Clinical Aspects. 2nd edition. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2011. Chapter 9. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92757/
- Bronczek GA, Vettorazzi JF, Soares GM, et al. The Bile Acid TUDCA Improves Beta-Cell Mass and Reduces Insulin Degradation in Mice With Early-Stage of Type-1 Diabetes. Front Physiol. 2019;10:561. Published 2019 May 15. doi:10.3389/fphys.2019.00561
- Zangerolamo L, Vettorazzi JF, Solon C, Bronczek GA, Engel DF, Kurauti MA, Soares GM, Rodrigues KS, Velloso LA, Boschero AC, Carneiro EM, Barbosa HCL. The bile acid TUDCA improves glucose metabolism in streptozotocin-induced Alzheimer's disease mice model. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2021 Feb 5;521:111116. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2020.111116. Epub 2020 Dec 13. PMID: 33321116.