Molotov is a searing powerhouse of a non-stimulant thermogenic to help ignite metabolism, aid fat burning, and make your weight loss goals easier than ever! The combustible cocktail’s initial iteration resulted in buckets of sweat and stim-free fat burning, but you know how we do things. We’re never content, never satisfied, and always pushing for improvement to help YOU get better results in and out of the gym.
Meet the raging inferno that is Molotov V2!
What’s New in Molotov V2?
Compared to other product reformulations, where most ingredients are removed, changed, and/or reduced in size, Molotov V2 retains all of the ingredients from its incendiary incarnation but increases the amount of two key ingredients -- Paradoxine and GBB.
Acetyl L-Carnitine (2,000mg)
Carnitine is naturally produced within the body, and it plays an essential role in helping your body burn fat for energy. Long chain fatty acids can’t enter the mitochondria (the “nuclear reactor” of each cell) by themselves --a “biological taxi” of sorts (carnitine) is needed to shuttle it into the cell.
Molotov includes the more bioavailable carnitine -- Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR). It’s efficiently absorbed and has the rare ability to cross the blood-brain barrier, which means ALCAR also offers brain health & performance benefits.
ALCAR supplementation has been found to help reduce physical and mental fatigue as well as improve both cognitive status. Other research notes that ALCAR can improve energy status, decrease oxidative stress, and enhance acetylcholine (the “learning” neurotransmitter) signaling acetylcholine.
Developed by NNB Nutrition, MitoBurn (Beta-Aminoisobutyric Acid --BAIBA) is a molecule naturally produced by the body during exercise and has been found to help regulate carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
Additional studies suggest that BAIBA may help[4,5,6]:
- Regulate the “browning” of adipose tissue browning
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Defend against high-fat diet-induced obesity
Moreover, L-BAIBA may also help regulate metabolism and increase energy expenditure.
Also featured in our best-selling stimulant-based fat burner, CHAOS, Paradoxine (grains of paradise) is the premier non-stimulant thermogenic supplement on the market.
Paradoxine is standardized for 6-paradol, and supplementation with grains of paradise has been found to:
- Stimulate brown fat thermogenesis
- Ramp up calorie burning
- Decrease visceral fat
In fact, studies note that Grains of Paradise supplementation may increases energy expenditure up to 100 calories per day and decrease visceral fat levels.[7,8]
Grains of Paradise extracts have also been found to support healthy blood pressure and lipid profiles, too!
CapsiMax is another temperature-throttling nutraceutical backed by numerous human trials. The primary bioactives in CapsiMax are capsaicinoids -- the tongue-tingling compounds found in chili peppers -- which off a number of benefits, including:
- Reducing oxidative stress
- Cardiovascular health
- Neuropathic pain
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Skin health
Moreover, capsaicinoids have also been noted to regulate hunger and satiety as well as limit fat cell differentiation and growth.
Last, but not least, in this thermogenic cocktail is the “super carnitine” precursor -- GBB (gamma-butyrobetaine).
GBB has been shown to significantly increase carnitine levels in humans, which supports the body’s ability to mobilize and burn fatty acids for energy (via increasing carnitine levels).
Be aware that GBB, on its own, can produce a profound thermogenic effect. And, when stacked with all of the other ingredients in MOLOTOV, you’re in store for a thermogenic punch like no other!
How to Use Molotov
Molotov is stimulant-free and can be used as a standalone product or stacked with CHAOS.
Additionally, many individuals prefer to divide their supplements throughout the day and/or prefer less caffeine. Here is where MOLOTOV really shines!
Individuals wanting to support fat burning at night as well as those looking for lower overall stimulant intake can use ½ serving of CHAOS in the morning and stack with ½ serving of MOLOTOV, or save their ½-1 serving of MOLTOV for later in the day when added appetite suppression and calorie burning support is desired.
- Malaguarnera M., Gargante M.P., Cristaldi E., Colonna V., Messano M., Koverech A., Neri S., Vacante M., Cammalleri L., Motta M. Acetyl l-carnitine (alc) treatment in elderly patients with fatigue. Arch. Gerontol. Geriatr. 2008;46:181–190. doi: 10.1016/j.archger.2007.03.012.
- Ferreira GC, McKenna MC. L-Carnitine and Acetyl-L-carnitine Roles and Neuroprotection in Developing Brain. Neurochem Res. 2017 Jun;42(6):1661-1675. doi: 10.1007/s11064-017-2288-7. Epub 2017 May 16. PMID: 28508995; PMCID: PMC5621476.
- Tanianskii DA, Jarzebska N, Birkenfeld AL, O'Sullivan JF, Rodionov RN. Beta-Aminoisobutyric Acid as a Novel Regulator of Carbohydrate and Lipid Metabolism. Nutrients. 2019;11(3):524. Published 2019 Feb 28. doi:10.3390/nu11030524
- Roberts L.D., Boström P., O’Sullivan J.F., Schinzel R.T., Lewis G.D., Dejam A., Lee Y.K., Palma M.J., Calhoun S., Georgiadi A., et al. β-Aminoisobutyric acid induces browning of white fat and hepatic β-oxidation and is inversely correlated with cardiometabolic risk factors. Cell Metab. 2014;19:96–108. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2013.12.003.
- Jung T.W., Hwang H.J., Hong H.C., Yoo H.J., Baik S.H., Choi K.M. BAIBA attenuates insulin resistance and inflammation induced by palmitate or a high fat diet via an AMPK–PPARδ-dependent pathway in mice. Diabetologia. 2015;58:2096–2105. doi: 10.1007/s00125-015-3663-z.
- Shi C., Zhao M., Shu X., Xiong X., Wang J. β-aminoisobutyric acid attenuates hepatic endoplasmic reticulum stress and glucose / lipid metabolic disturbance in mice with type 2 diabetes. Sci. Rep. 2016;6:21924. doi: 10.1038/srep21924
- Sugita J, Yoneshiro T, Sugishima Y, Ikemoto T, Uchiwa H, Suzuki I, Saito M. Daily ingestion of grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract increases whole-body energy expenditure and decreases visceral fat in humans. J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2014;60(1):22-7. doi: 10.3177/jnsv.60.22. PMID: 24759256.
- Sugita J, Yoneshiro T, Hatano T, Aita S, Ikemoto T, Uchiwa H, Iwanaga T, Kameya T, Kawai Y, Saito M. Grains of paradise (Aframomum melegueta) extract activates brown adipose tissue and increases whole-body energy expenditure in men. Br J Nutr. 2013 Aug;110(4):733-8. doi: 10.1017/S0007114512005715. Epub 2013 Jan 11. PMID: 23308394.
- Rogers J, Urbina SL, Taylor LW, et al. Capsaicinoids supplementation decreases percent body fat and fat mass: adjustment using covariates in a post hoc analysis. BMC Obes. 2018;5:22. Published 2018 Aug 13. doi:10.1186/s40608-018-0197-1