No matter if you’re a grizzled veteran of the iron or a newcomer to the gym, you’ve heard of creatine. Depending on your experience and level of knowledge you may have heard wildly different things about creatine (e.g. it’s a steroid, it causes hair loss, etc.). Rest assured that none of those urban legends about creatine are true.
Creatine is safe. It’s naturally produced in the body, and it’s the most successful single supplement in the history of sports nutrition. Creatine has stood the test of time and literally been studied hundreds of times in individuals of all ages and backgrounds. It is the definition by which we judge all new supplements that enter the industry, and to this day NOTHING has shown to rival the power and potency of creatine.
Creatine-X™ is our flagship creatine-based product that’s been engineered to surround the badass that creatine monohydrate is with other complementary ingredients to elevate and enhance endogenous ATP levels helping you to train harder, resist fatigue, and ultimately make more gains!
Creatine-X features not ONE but THREE trademarked ingredients in:
- Creapure® creatine monohydrate
What more really needs to be said about creatine. The stuff flat out works.
It’s safe. It’s effective. And, it can be used by both men and women.
Creatine improves the body’s ability to rapidly regenerate ATP stores -- the “currency” of cellular energy production -- and the quicker your muscles create ATP the longer you can maintain a higher level of performance.
Through this ability, creatine helps athletes move more weight for more reps, which ultimately builds more muscle and strength.
But, that’s not all.
Creatine has also been shown to:
- Enhance power & strength
- Improve lean mass gains
- Boost cognitive function
- Increase hydration and cell volumization
- Support bone health and blood sugar levels
- Aid recovery from injury
Creatine-X supplies the full-research backed dose of 5,000mg Creapure creatine monohydrate in every scoop.
elevATP® is a blend of ancient peat and apple extracts rich in polyphenols that have been shown in several human studies to[1,2,3]:
- Increase endogenous ATP levels in the body
- Improve power output resistance-trained athletes
- Boost performance
- Support gains in lean muscle and strength
- Aid body composition
Additional research indicates that supplementation with elevATP may also help reduce performance decrements associated with overreaching.
Creatine-X supplies the full 150mg dose of elevATP in every serving.
Senactiv is another complementary ingredient that helps the body generate ATP more efficiently.
A blend of Panax notoginseng and Rosa roxburghii, Senactiv has been noted to increase the production of citrate synthase (up to 47%!). Citrate synthase is an important enzyme in the ATP production process.*
Research also indicates that Senactiv may help remove old, unfit cells and replenish them with new healthy cells.
Senaciv may even aid recovery as studies suggest it speeds the recovery rate of glycogen in exercised muscle tissues as well as reduces levels of IL-6, an inflammation biomarker.*[5,6]
Do I Need to Load Creatine?
Absolutely not. Your muscles will reach saturation taking between 3-5 grams of creatine monohydrate per day.
Do I Need to Cycle Creatine?
No. Creatine is not a steroid or some other type of harsh anabolic. It is a naturally occuring substance in the body made from the amino acids glycine and arginine that can also be obtained through the diet, prevalent in foods such as red meat.
Is Creatine Safe for Women?
Yes, creatine has been studied hundreds of times and has been shown to be safe and effective in both men and women, young and old.
When is the best time to take creatine?
There’s a lot of chatter about the “best” or most optimal time to take creatine. However, the far more important thing is to consistently take creatine each day. An argument could be made the the most “optimal” time to take creatine is immediately post workout when glycogen stores are depleted and insulin sensitivity is high, thus creating a prime environment for nutrient absorption.
Nevertheless, if it’s more convenient for you to take creatine pre workout or any other time of day, that is perfectly fine. The more important thing is to take creatine everyday that worrying about what time to take it.
- B, Argumedo R, Shu C, Huynh L, Pietrzkowski Z. Effect of the dietary supplement ElevATP on blood ATP level: An acute pilot clinical study. J Aging Res Clin Practice. 2013;2:178–84.
- Reyes-Izquierdo T, Shu C, Argumedo R, Nemzer B, Pietrzkowski Z. The effect of elevATPTM on whole blood ATP levels: a single dose, crossover clinical study. J Aging Res Clin Practice. 2014;3:56–60.
- Joy, J. M., Falcone, P. H., Vogel, R. M., Mosman, M. M., Kim, M. P., & Moon, J. R. (2015). Supplementation with a proprietary blend of ancient peat and apple extract may improve body composition without affecting hematology in resistance-trained men. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 40(11), 1171–1177. https://doi.org/10.1139/apnm-2015-0241
- Joy JM, Vogel RM, Moon JR, et al. Ancient peat and apple extracts supplementation may improve strength and power adaptations in resistance trained men. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2016;16:224. Published 2016 Jul 18. doi:10.1186/s12906-016-1222-x
- Hou CW, Lee SD, Kao CL, Cheng IS, Lin YN, et al. (2015) Improved Inflammatory Balance of Human Skeletal Muscle during Exercise after Supplementations of the Ginseng-Based Steroid Rg1. PLOS ONE 10(1): e0116387. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0116387
- Wu, J., Saovieng, S., Cheng, I. S., Liu, T., Hong, S., Lin, C. Y., Su, I. C., Huang, C. Y., & Kuo, C. H. (2019). Ginsenoside Rg1 supplementation clears senescence-associated β-galactosidase in exercising human skeletal muscle. Journal of Ginseng Research, 43(4), 580–588. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jgr.2018.06.002