An athlete’s needs aren’t the same as those of the everyday couch potato. They willingly subject their minds and bodies to incredible amounts of daily stress with training and competition. Over time, this repetitive stress takes its toll, and an athlete’s muscles, tendons, ligaments, and hormones take longer to recover, which ultimately limits training frequency (and therefore results).
While many gym rats will look to pre workouts, “muscle builders” and myriad other supplements to address their needs, one egregiously overlooked supplement is the granddaddy of all “daily drivers” -- the multivitamin/multimineral supplement.
Quite simply, the daily multi supplies the key micronutrients the body requires to fulfill its most essential processes, not the least of which is organ function, immune support, ATP production, and cardiometabolic health.
While most of us have taken a multivitamin in some form or another since childhood (hello flintstones chewables), the vast majority of bargain bin multis are woefully insufficient to satisfy the demands of hard-training athletes.
Active lifestyles command an active multi and that’s precisely what Apollon Nutrition has created in Apollon Multi.
What is Apollon Multi?
Apollon Nutrition Multi is your one-stop shop for daily nourishment, supplying over 25 essential vitamins and minerals in every serving. PLUS, we’ve also included a hand-picked blend of research-backed antioxidants, energy enhancers, stress-relievers, and cardiometabolic support agents to create a truly game-changing multi -- one that you’ll actually feel benefits from on a daily basis.
Apollon Multi Standout Features
In addition to supplying quality doses of 25+ essential vitamins and minerals, we’ve also included a select handful of primetime powerhouse nutraceuticals, including:
- Vitamin D3 + K2 (as MK-7): these two essential vitamins (included in their most bioavailable forms) is known to support healthy blood sugar, bone density, and cardiovascular health.
- KSM-66® Ashwagandha: the most clinically-researched root-only ashwagandha extract on the market shown to help reduce stress, improve hormone balance, aid exercise recovery, and enhance sleep quality
- CoQ10: an antioxidant found in every cell, whose production declines with age. Supplementing with CoQ10 supports ATP production, cognitive function, and cardiovascular health
- Phloridzin: potent flavonoid in apples that helps reduce intestinal sugar uptake by inhibit SGLT (sodium-glucose cotransporter), which supports healthy blood glucose levels
- Spectra®: A scientifically-validated, plant-based mixture of 29 fruits, vegetables, and herbs shown in research to inhibit free radical production, optimize cellular metabolic activity, and increase nitric oxide levels
- AstraGin®: Patented complex as astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng that enhances the absorption of numerous vitamins, minerals, and nutraceuticals as well as helps combat inflammation and promote gut health
- Horsetail extract: contains phenolic compounds that offer powerful antioxidant qualities which help combat oxidative stress all the while supporting wound healing and bone health.
Do I Really Need a Multi?
Even if you consume a relatively healthy diet (i.e. “clean eating”), it’s possible to develop certain gaps in your nutritional foundation. As such, a premium quality multi is the most efficient and cost-effective manner to ensure that your body is getting the essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients you need to support your health, performance, and recovery!
Consume one serving (6 capsules) one time per day, preferably with a meal.
Alternatively, the daily dose may be divided into two or three servings, consuming three capsules or two capsules (respectively), with a meal.
Apollon Multi is a stimulant-free daily health & well-being supplement designed to support your nutrition plan. It can be taken any time of day and used with our other premium sports nutrition supplements, including:
- Liver Lover
- Kidney Kindness
- 50/50 Formula-X
- Sharp Coffee
- Mind Games
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- van Ballegooijen AJ, Pilz S, Tomaschitz A, Grübler MR, Verheyen N. The Synergistic Interplay between Vitamins D and K for Bone and Cardiovascular Health: A Narrative Review. Int J Endocrinol. 2017;2017:7454376. doi: 10.1155/2017/7454376. Epub 2017 Sep 12. PMID: 29138634; PMCID: PMC5613455.
- Braam LA, Hoeks AP, Brouns F, Hamulyák K, Gerichhausen MJ, Vermeer C. Beneficial effects of vitamins D and K on the elastic properties of the vessel wall in postmenopausal women: a follow-up study. Thromb Haemost. 2004 Feb;91(2):373-80. doi: 10.1160/TH03-07-0423. PMID: 14961167.
- Sakamoto N, Wakabayashi I, Sakamoto K. Low vitamin K intake effects on glucose tolerance in rats. Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 1999 Jan;69(1):27-31. doi: 10.1024/0300-98188.8.131.52. PMID: 10052018.
- Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha ( Withania somnifera) Root Extract in Insomnia and Anxiety: A Double – blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled study. Langade, D., Kanchi, S., Salve, J., Debnath, K., & Ambegaokar, D (2019). Cureus, 11(9), e5797.
- Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial Choudhary, D., Bhattacharyya, S., & Joshi, K. (2017). Journal of evidence-based complementary & alternative medicine, 22(1), 96-106.
- Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial Wankhede, S., Langade, D., Joshi, K., Sinha, S. R., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2015). Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12(1), 43.
- Londzin P, Siudak S, Cegieła U, Pytlik M, Janas A, Waligóra A, Folwarczna J. Phloridzin, an Apple Polyphenol, Exerted Unfavorable Effects on Bone and Muscle in an Experimental Model of Type 2 Diabetes in Rats. Nutrients. 2018 Nov 7;10(11):1701. doi: 10.3390/nu10111701. PMID: 30405066; PMCID: PMC6267570.
- Niederberger, K., Tennant, D., & Bellion, P. (2020). Dietary intake of phloridzin from natural occurrence in foods. British Journal of Nutrition, 123(8), 942-950. doi:10.1017/S0007114520000033
- Sood B, Keenaghan M. Coenzyme Q10. [Updated 2022 Jan 19]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK531491/
- Shahjehan RD, Bhutta BS. Coronary Artery Disease. [Updated 2022 Nov 7]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2022 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK564304/
- Nemzer BV, Fink N, Fink B. New insights on effects of a dietary supplement on oxidative and nitrosative stress in humans. Food Sci Nutr. 2014 Nov;2(6):828-39. doi: 10.1002/fsn3.178. Epub 2014 Oct 17. PMID: 25493202; PMCID: PMC4256589.