Looking to try something different to supplement your protein intake and satisfy your sweet tooth? Try this great tasting recipe for a Protein Ricotta Cheesecake powered by 50/50 Formula-X. Add your favorite fruits to top it off and enjoy.
FOR THE CRUST
• 1 cup almond flour
• 3 tablespoons Truvia
• Pinch of kosher salt
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE FILLING
• 3 scoops Apollon Nutrition 50/50 Formula-X Alpine Vanilla Protein
• 1 8-ounce package low fat cream cheese, at room temperature (preferably Philadelphia brand)
• 3/4 cup truvia
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 32-ounce tub (about 4 cups) part skim ricotta
• 3 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
FOR THE TOPPING
• 8 ounces (about 2-1/2 cups) fresh berries of your choice
To make the crust: In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, cooler melted butter, and vanilla. Mix the liquid mixture with almond flour until the ingredients are well combined, moistened and crumbly. Dump the mixture into the prepared pan and, using your fingers or the bottom of a measuring cup, press into an even layer. Place the pan in the freezer for 10 minutes (or the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes) to chill; then bake for 10-15 minutes, until the crust is lightly golden. Let cool on a wire rack.
Meanwhile, make the filling: Combine the cream cheese, truvia, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process until soft and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the ricotta and process until the mixture is smooth and light, process another 2 minutes. Add the protein and process for another 1-2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, processing for 5-10 seconds between each addition. Add the vanilla extract and process until mixture is combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust, smoothing the top with a spatula. Bake the cheesecake for about 50 minutes, until the top is lightly golden, the edges are set, and the center is quite jiggly but not totally liquid (it will continue to cook as it cools). Carefully remove the cheesecake from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a wire rack. It will sink a bit -- that's okay. Once cool, If necessary, run a thin-bladed knife around the edge of the cake to make sure it's not sticking to the sides (which can cause cracks as it cools), then cover with plastic wrap and transfer to the refrigerator to cool for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- For the topping: After the cake has chilled, top it with your favorites berries. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?